11.15.2007

What Makes Christmas? (5)

Ok, so I am a little late, but I love Christmas and wanted to put in my 2 bits. Here are 5 of my Christmas favorites.

1. Steve Lawrence & Edie Gorme singing "That Holiday Feeling" It is a family favorite and I have even made my hubbie do the duet with me.
2. Little Smokies and other yummy appetizers on Christmas Eve.
3. Putting up Christmas Decorations right after Thanksgiving while listening to my old family Christmas Records. I just love it!
4. Drinking hot, citrisy, delicious Wassail. Hot Chocolate is good, but Wassail is my favorite to slowly sip on a chilly day!5. Best of all being with family - the whole Christmas Eve program from reenacting the Nativity to our little Talent Show to the white elephant exchange. I love it all!

3 comments:

emilie s. d. p. said...

I love the wassail. Do you have a good recipe? That's so cute that you reenact the nativity, I'm sure that makes it a lot more exciting for little kids.

{lizzythebotanist} said...

emilie-i emailed you my mom's wassail recipe-did you not get it? i also posted it on kim's dinner makeover blog.

Alifinale said...

Liz, post it here. I would like to see it. I have a recipe I like but I always like to post new ones.