12.06.2007

christmas in the air

The thing that really makes the season for me is all of the holiday scents- and thats why I absolutely love the glade scented oil candle. I used to buy Salt City candles, but I always had trouble getting through the candle by winter's end and when you have limited space like we do, you don't have a lot of room to store a collection of those hefty bad boys.

For the money, I think these little beauties are a great buy and they actually work really well at permeating the room- unlike many other air freshening products. Also, you can use the oil pod easily in one sitting or spread the wealth, if you like. If you do choose to use the whole thing at once, the candle goes out on its own once the oil is gone which is such a plus when chasing around a wirey toddler. And my favorite thing- if you start to burn the goods and you aren't in love with the smell-you're not married to it and the pod can easily be changed with the next use.
The only downer is they only have two holiday scents, but luckily I love both. You should check 'em out...

2 comments:

{lizzythebotanist} said...

i'm totally with you on the christmas scents. this year i bought bath & body works wallflower refills in their new "the perfect christmas spice" scent. i also made a great find at pier 1: a reed diffuser. it's in a cute red glass jar that says "twinkling" on it and not only is it filled with a wonderful cinnamony scented oil (i think it smells like candy apples), it is also filled with glitter and stars. totally festive and i can't believe how well it works.

lisset said...

I've been skepitcal of reed diffusers so I'm glad to finally hear from someone that they work- I'll have to check them out. The wallflower on the other hand.. we tried those last year (I bought them during the sale Jessie mentions above) and they didn't work for us at all. I was way disappointed. Air fresheners are so hit or miss- but I'm always up for trying something new.