12.04.2007

tradition...TRADITION!

While Christmas traditions, whether familial or worldwide, can be a blast- I also like spicing things up. And thank heavens this year it is so "in" to do so...

I found this little project on Better Homes and Gardens and I think it is such a cute spin on the old stocking standby- especially since you can create them to match your year round or seasonal decor, use them as gift bags, or simply add them (in a smaller version) to what you already have to make a fun stocking and mitten set.
You will find the pattern when you head to the website via the link above.
In the picture it is shown as a child's project so there isn't a ton of style, but I am going to be using the stockings below as inspiration as they fit our existing decor.
They also have plenty of other cute stockings on the website, as well as endless holiday projects- so get to crafting! ENjoy!
**Sorry it has taken me forever to post this... everytime I went to access the link, BHG.com was doing site mantenaince.

2 comments:

gina bina said...

I LOVE the stockings in the second picture. Stocking are so much fun when they are mixed and matched. Thanks for the link!

lisset said...

I too am crazy over the stockings in the second picture. I'm excited to try the mitten shape, but keep with the folk-artish theme from the other stockings.
By the way- I think I should probably introduce myself...
Lisset Stevenson- friends with Alison via our husbands, which means I also know Lizzy's husband. In fact, there is a pretty good story about Steve giving me an interesting nickname. I'll share later :)
NICE TO MEET YOU ALL!